One Dumb Bitch, Vapid Bitches in Paintings


I went to Arby's to score. By score I mean obtain BBQ sauce in which to dip my Morningstar Farm Chik Nuggets. Of course, once at Arby's (I had to think for 20 minutes to figure out where I could score - Arby's beat out Johnny Rockets, where chances were I'd have to pay for sauce), I was tempted to buy curly fries.
Medium curly fries, $1.86??? Fine. I gave the dumb, vapid bitch cashier a dollar bill and then placed three quarters, a dime, and a penny in her hand.
"This is only $0.81," she grunted. "Uh, no, that's $0.86, and also a dollar." *gestured to dollar on counter* Did I mention she was one of those people who are incapable of keeping their mouths shut? They must catch flies in there.
Anyway, we repeated that exchange about 20 times until I slammed the dollar into her ugly, doughy hand.
I got back to the office and realized what about her had set me off. She had the blank, vapid stare of those awful women in those John Currin paintings. I don't care what message he is trying to convey, someone who paints women looking like that is a misogynist. I don't care if he is one half of "the first truly equal art-couple since Georgia O'Keefe and Alfred Stieglitz." I don't know what Rachel Feinstein sees in him and I prefer Rachel Lockowitz anyway.
Those fries were good in a mediocre way, but I'm still hungry.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home