Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fuck Optimism

I tried it for three days. It was fun, being in a good mood and all, but sudddenly I am catapulted back into the throes of ill humor and a thundering disposition. Fuck being gainfully employed. They say you should leave the stress at the office, but being made to feel so horribly inadequate on a constant basis due to things beyond your control resulting from both your subordinates being so brand spanking new they're still figuring out who to ask for what in addition to you just not being put into the loop is enough to make me want to unquit smoking and go buy the fattest, reddest pack of cigarettes I can find.

I no longer hate the south, despite being born below the Mason-Dixon Line. Long live Winston-Salem and long live R.J. Reynolds. Kill me quicker if you can. I'll pay you, pack by pack.

I had a great Saturday-Sunday-Monday though. Very amusing. People say I have an interesting life. I'm inclined to agree. It's not very useful, but it's interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home